Resilience+ encompasses this idea that reliable risk-management tools help families to become more immediately able to withstand a shock but creates the security to invest for higher future incomes. This is the potential of Resilience+ and the reason the MRR Innovation Lab and its research partners are pursuing risk management innovations to reduce poverty and spur agricultural growth.
The Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Markets, Risk & Resilience in collaboration with the Global Resilience Partnership, invites you to join a webinar, Generating Resilience Plus to Reduce Poverty and Spur Agricultural Growth. This 1.5 hour interactive event will highlight field research from Africa and South Asia showing evidence of Resilience+ and will place Resilience+ in a policy framework to guide donors, practitioners and policy makers interested in increasing development impacts and expanding the resilience of vulnerable populations around the world.
- Deon Nel – CEO, Global Resilience Partnership
- Jami Montgomery – Senior Resilience Advisor, Center for Resilience, USAID
- Michael Carter – Professor, UC Davis; Director, Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Markets, Risk & Resilience
- Andrew Mude – Lead, Scaling Technology and Market Access for Smallholder Farmers at the African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Ghada Elabed – Economist, World Bank
- Gregory Lane – Professor, Economics Department, American University
- Samuel Collin Ssenyimba – Program Officer, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation