Knowledge Sharing Series Culmination Event: Taking the Learning on HDP Coherence Forward
In the culmination of its series on HDP coherence, IDEAL invites the community to look back on key takeaways from past sessions and identify ways to apply learnings.
Since USAID’s release of Programming Considerations for Humanitarian-Development-Peace (HDP) Coherence: A Note of USAID’s Implementing Partners, IDEAL’s Knowledge Sharing Series (KSS) on HDP Coherence has been convening humanitarian and resilience practitioners in 13 sessions that started in June 2022. In this 2-hour culmination event, IDEAL invites the community, once more, to look back on the key takeaways gleaned from the sessions and identify ways to apply the learning moving forward.
Kevin Brown, Deputy Director, Office of Technical and Program Quality, Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance, will provide welcoming remarks followed by a panel discussion where guest speakers will draw out key takeaways from the four thematic areas in the 2022 Humanitarian-Development-Peace Coherence Knowledge Sharing Series. Each panelist will discuss a different thematic area from the series. Panelists include:
- Norma Toussaint, Food Security & Learning Senior Advisor, IDEAL/Mercy Corps
- Greg Makabila, Deputy Chief of Party (MEAL), "Ifaa" Resilience Food Security Activity, Catholic Relief Services, Ethiopia
- Jim Flock, Chief of Party, USAID Resilience Learning Activity, ACDI/VOCA East Africa
- Saeqah Kabir, Former Director of Knowledge Management, Research, Learning and Communications, “Nobo Jatra” Resilience Food Security Activity, World Vision Bangladesh
Then, participants will be invited into small groups to discuss with peers on how they might apply the learning and make a difference in HDP coherence in their own roles or capacities. Participants can choose to join one of the following breakout rooms:
- Group 1: Locally Led HDP Coherence
- Group 2: Data & Analytics for HDP Coherence
- Group 3: Organizing Internally and Collaborating for HDP Coherence
- Group 4: Sequencing, Layering, and Integrating Humanitarian, Development, and Peace Assistance
Finally, participants will build on the breakout room conversations by engaging in plenary and articulating next steps in our collective learning journey to strengthen HDP coherence.
This event will be in English with French interpretation. Register below to attend and look out for updates on speakers in the near future!