Scaling up Locally-Led Adaptation
This IIED regional dialogue series will be held across three regions — Africa, the Asia-Pacific and the Caribbean and Latin America.
In partnership with the UN COP26 Presidency, Race to Resilience and the Adaptation Action Coalition, along with additional partners, are collaborating to support global locally-led adaptation.
Six peer-to-peer regional dialogues will be held virtually across the Asia-Pacific, Africa and the Caribbean and Latin America.
Africa Dialogues: convened by Environment and Development Action in the Third World, International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), SouthSouthNorth, Slum Dwellers International and World Resources Institute (WRI).
- Dialogue 1: Monday, 6 September 2021, 10am-12pm Central Africa time
- Dialogue 2: Tuesday, 12 October 2021, 10am-1pm Central Africa time
Asia-Pacific Dialogues: convened by International Centre for Climate Change and Development, IIED, Save the Children Australia and WRI.
- Dialogue 1: Tuesday, 7 September 2021, 9-11am Bangladesh time
- Dialogue 2: Wednesday, 13 October 2021, 9am-12pm Bangladesh time
Caribbean and Latin America Dialogues: convened by Caribbean Natural Resources Institute, Centro para la Autonomía y Desarollo de los Pueblos Indígenas, IIED and WRI.
- Dialogue 1: Wednesday, 8 September 2021, 9-11am Pacific Daylight time
- Dialogue 2: Thursday, 14 October 2021, 9am-12pm Pacific Daylight time
The dialogues will feature keynote speeches, group discussion and breakout sessions where state and non-state actors can share examples of financing locally-led adaptation.